verify

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Update & New Purchase January

Update & New Purchase


The government shutdown has finally come to an end for now until February 15, 2019. As an exempt employee, I had to work throughout the shutdown as I perform essential work.

However, the shutdown did affect my purchasing routine. I had to keep an eye on our savings in case it lasted longer. Honestly I was thinking it would go on for another 5 weeks. 

However, I an glad it is over for now and I can received some pay eventually to catch up and invest, save and contribute to my Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) again. I have never talk about my TSP as it is not part of my planning at this junction in my asset accumulation stage. 

But it is a big part of my retirement package. Come to think about it, it may be a reason why I have hesitated to leave my job for now. 

But this year will finally be the year I will need to re-evaluate what is most import things in life and see where this job fits in my equation. I had a lot of time to think about this over the last 35 days of the shutdown.

Today I finally was able to confirm I will be paid my first check from January 11, 2019 tomorrow. So I was able to quickly add more funds to my Robin hood account and take advantage of some stocks I long convected on my portfolio. 

So without further ado... here is what I purchase today right before the market closed:


January 29, 2019

CFG 3 shares @ $35.09 total $105.27
EPD 6 shares @ $27.97 for total $167.82
CFG 1 share @ 34.04


Citizens Financial Group (CFG) is one of my favorite regional bank and it has aggressively continue to grow its dividend. With this purchase I added $5.12 in yearly dividend to my fund.




Enterprise Product Partners (EPD) engages is production and trade of natural gas and petrochemicals. It just recently increase its dividend by .6% going Ex-dividend on January 30, 2019. With this purchase I added $10.44 in forward yearly dividend to my fund.


What are you buying lately?

What do you think of recent purchases?

Disclaimer: Long on all stocks listed above.

Disclaimer: I’m not a licensed investment advisor and not an investment professional. This site is only meant for educational or entertainment purposes only. I’m not liable for any losses suffered as a result. Please consult with an investment or tax professional before investing any of your money.




No comments:

Post a Comment

February 2024 Dividend Updates

February 2024 Dividend updates My favorite time of the month is reviewing dividends collected from previous months.  I realized I am way lat...