verify

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

February 2019 Watch List

February Watch list


New month is upon us and it is time to ponder on what possible stocks I could purchase this month. Just fresh of my Patriots Super Bowl LIII win vs the LA Rams, this weekend life could not be better.

There are many possibilities this month. There are many bargains to be had as the market seems to be in the upswing of late.

However, as a long term investors we cannot pay attention to the daily market gyrations and instead focus on our goals.

My current goal is to accumulate assets via dividend paying stocks who continually increase their dividend to keep up with inflation.

Now as a federal employee I am glad the government shutdown is over. Last month I invest minimum amount possible as the uncertainty of the government shutdown wore me down and kept me on the sidelines for most of the month.

I hope this month is a bit different as we will receive most of our pay by next week.

Just in time to buy new stocks this time, that I would hope to add more shares while they are down at the moment.

Without further ado... lets look at what I wish to buy this month.

XOM- Exxon Mobil has been one of my favorite in Oil& Gas industry for a long time. With current Price at $75.58 way down from 52week high of $87.36 it is time to add more shares here. We will have to see as the market tends to throw us a curve ball once in a while when least expected.

TUP- Tupperware just cut its dividend by a whopping 60.3% from $0.68 to $0.27 on January 30th. The end result saw the stocks drop by 27%.

At current price $27.88 and with a 5 year horizon I think It may be time to add to my shares although the financial look bleak at the moment.

QCOM-Qualcomm looks very attractive, the dividend looks juice at it is 23% from when I first started the position so I definitely like at this level.

PSX -Phillips 66 is 17% from when I first started the position so I could possibly add more shares at this level as well.

ADM -Archer Daniel Midland, another of my favorite dividend stocks to hold long term. This could be the month I add more shares. At current level it is 12% low from where I initiated the position, so could be a great time to average down on my position.

ABBV- Abbvie, what not to like, they have continually increase dividend since being spin off out of ABT. At 29% from its peak in the last year, this could be the time to add few more shares, despite been at almost at a level I would feel comfortable at this stage of my accumulation phase.

T- AT&T it is currently sitting at 21% from its peak from a year ago, could also be time to add more shares at current level.

Wonderful list of companies I would like to add to FIRE Fund.

However, Market gyrations and daily market movement could change this strategy for the month. There could also be other opportunity not currently visible at the moment in time.

What do you think of my list?

What are you buying this month?

Do we share any of this names?

Thanks for visiting,

Dividend Pursuit.

Disclaimer: Long on all stocks listed above.


Disclaimer: I’m not a licensed investment advisor and not an investment professional. This site is only meant for educational or entertainment purposes only. I’m not liable for any losses suffered as a result. Please consult with an investment or tax professional before investing any of your money.


No comments:

Post a Comment

January 2024 Dividend Updates

 January 2024 Dividend updates It has been almost one (1) year since I last posted an update on my dividendos.  Well the dividends keeps on ...