verify

Friday, March 8, 2019

March 2019 - Recent Purchase

Recent Purchase - March 2019


Early in the day, early in the month that is what this month theme will be. Early on the month I took advantage of market conditions to add more shares, to stocks that I already own and also added new stocks to the fund.

Like I say Mr. Market, sometimes presents a buy opportunity and you have to be ready to act upon market conditions without reacting to negative news. Since there will always be different news that can influence the markets, one needs to be ready to pounce on it (no pun intended) when there is an opportunity to buy.

Let us review what I add recently to my fund that one day will fuel my FI/FIRE journey.
Without further ado...here is what I purchased:


March 5, 2019

QCOM 5 shares @ $53.78 total $268.89
KMB 4 shares @ $116.97 total $467.88
GPC 5 shares @ $108.62 total $543.10
RIO 10 shares @ $59.03 total $590.30
KHC 25 shares @ $33.00 total $825.00


March 7, 2019

ABBV 5 shares @ $77.76 total $389.80
BLX 4 shares @ $20.02 total $80.08
CAH 3 shares @ $47.59 total $142.76



This was an opportunity to average down on some of my holdings. Some were purchase when they were 10% to 20% higher than current prices. So if I can consistently buy some shares with a long term view I can probably average down in the course of a 5 to 10 years of accumulation time frame.

I try not to pay attention to the noise that the market is throwing at us. There will never be a day or week or months and even years that market doesn’t spill out negative reports on various different subject. These are market gyrations that can causes huge losses if we pay attention to every news and ingest and digest every single breaking news out.

With this purchase I added $3307.81 in fresh capital. This added $142.60 in forward yearly dividend.

What do you think of recent purchase?
What are you buying lately?

Thanks for visiting

Dividend Pursuit

Disclaimer: Long on all stocks listed

Disclaimer: I’m not a licensed investment advisor and not an investment professional. This site is only meant for educational or entertainment purposes only. I’m not liable for any losses suffered as a result. Please consult with an investment or tax professional before investing any of your money

2 comments:

  1. Got to love RH right? Excellent buys I like a few of them more than others. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CD,

    Thanks for visiting. Thanks for the encouragement! Definetelly a great opportunity to keep buying right now.

    Cheers,
    Dividend Pursuit

    ReplyDelete

March 2024 Dividend Updates

 March 2024 Dividend Updates My favorite time of the month is here for yet another month.  Time to review monthly dividend collected and pla...