verify

Friday, April 15, 2016

Recent Purchase III - April 2016

After selling NOV because they cut their dividend 95% from $0.46 to $0.05, I have been search a stock to replace its place on my fund. I did buy PG on my weekly sharebuilder as replacement to the fund. Yesterday The sale did settle and instead of waiting for my weekly purchase to add new stock I pull my BB Gun and added a new stock Banco Latinoamericano de Exportaciones, S.A. (Bladex) (BLX).




BLX will provide some exposure to Latin America to my fund. it will be the first stock own in my fund outside North America or Europe. I am excite about its future as a dividend growth stock.


Here are some highlights from Quarter 1 (1Q16) From Bladex website:

Bladex’s 1Q16 Net Profit totaled $23.4 million (+1% QoQ, -22% YoY),
as improved Business Profit (1) of $28.1 million (+11% QoQ, +2% YoY)
mainly from higher net interest income (+5% QoQ, +10% YoY), and lower
operating expenses (-6% QoQ and YoY), was partially offset by negative non-core results of $4.7 million in the 1Q16, mostly from the Bank’s participation in the investment funds, terminated as of April 1, 2016.

The Bank’s 1Q16 annualized return on average equity ROAE (3) and Business ROAE (4) reached 9.6% and 11.6%, respectively, compared to 9.5% and 10.4% in the fourth quarter 2015, and to 13.0 and 11.9% a year ago.

As of March 31, 2016, end-of-period and average Commercial Portfolio balances stood at $6.9 billion (-3% QoQ and YoY) and $7.0 billion (-3% QoQ, -2% YoY), respectively, mainly as the result of reducing risk exposures in the Commercial Portfolio.

The most important metrics is:

Quarterly dividend payment: At the Board of Director’s meeting held April 12, 2016, the Bank’s Board approved a quarterly common dividend of .385 per share corresponding to the first
quarter 2016. The dividend will be paid on May 11, 2016, to stockholders registered as of April 25, 2016.

So here is what I purchase April 14, 2016:

BLX $176.35 7 Shares @ $24.20 
The purchase will $10.78 to my yearly forward dividend which now totals: $481.69

what do you think of recent purchase?

I still have CAT, WFC and HCP on my watch list to add to this month but figure was a good time to buy this stock. I may even add OHI to my buy list for this month as its looking attractive now.

Thanks for reading?

Disclaimer: Long on all stocks listed, except for OHI, CAT

Disclaimer: I’m not a licensed investment advisor and not an investment professional. This site is only meant for educational or entertainment purposes only. I’m not liable for any losses suffered as a result. Please consult with an investment or tax professional before investing any of your money 

No comments:

Post a Comment

January 2024 Dividend Updates

 January 2024 Dividend updates It has been almost one (1) year since I last posted an update on my dividendos.  Well the dividends keeps on ...