verify

Monday, November 16, 2020

October 2020 Dividend update

 

It has been a long time since I posted an update to my dividend.  I think it is time I start to hold my self-accountable and start tracking and share my progress.  The idea is to share how I reach my financial independence (FI) by investing for the long term with dividend paying stocks and real estate, which constitute a majority of our holdings.  It has been a year to forget for sure.  I am sure like me you have learned a lot about yourself and have made plans to act accordingly after this pandemic. 

One thing for sure we have all learned is that depending on a paycheck from an employer may not be the best way to live life this day.  Multiple sources of income are the best course of action to plan to live your life for sure.  This is why we are investing in dividend stocks and real estate to supplement our income and hopefully achieve FI.  We have no FI number as we do not see our selves not working, but it will provide our family with options in the future. 

Without further ado let us review our dividend payout and passive income for the month of October 2020:  We received a total of $216.72 in dividend for the month.  Please note I added a W to Mrs. Dividend Pursuit stocks to differentiate between our two accounts.

Here is a breakdown from where the dividends came from on our accounts.

We received $190.39 in our combine taxable accounts, IRA accounts $7.70 and Roth Accounts $18.63.

Real estate passive income was $1559 for the month as expenses we low.  Next month will not be that high for sure.  Total Passive income for the month was $1775.72.

Dividend Year to date

Oct-20

$1,642.89

216.72

IRA

$7.70

ROTH

$18.63

401K

0

Dividend Pursuit

124.2

Mrs. Dividend Pursuit -W

$66.19

TOTAL

$216.72

IRA

 

AMNF

0.28

FRT- W

7.42

ROTH

 

PBA

1.75

LTC

2.09

AMNF

1.31

IRM

0.63

HONE

0.66

MAIN

0.21

STWD -W

5.35

LTC -W

4.78

Main -W

1.85

Taxable

 

CAH

6.53

VTR

6.42

O

4.83

EOG

6.75

WSO

8.98

MDT

6.42

MCK

1.26

LTC

6.23

PBA

4.84

ALB

2.4

KO

5.34

CHL

11.22

CB

3.62

Main

6.46

WPC

24.1

STWD

18.05

HONE

0.75

O -W

1.69

KO-W

3.31

IRM-W

8.33

CHL-W

0.91

OMC-W

10.23

WPC-W

21.38

STWD-W

10.63

BNS-W

6.74

STOR-W

2.97

                                                             

Do you share some of the names above?  How did you do last month?

For now, I think I will just share my dividend and real estate passive income for each month.  Hopefully next year I will have more time to share my purchases as we are making weekly and bi-weekly purchases across our accounts each month.  Next year we will re- evaluate and see how things are going.  We are also saving on my TSP account as a federal employee and I don’t track that account much.  However, I just switched from 40 % C, 30%I and 30% S to 100% C for the time being.  I am well diversified with real estate and we saving cash as well.  So, I am not as worry about risks.  Next year when I review my TSP year end balance in late February 2021, I may make necessary changes.

I am using Personal Capital to track our finances.  It is a great free tool to use to track all your accounts and net worth.  Disclaimer: If you subscribe I may receive a commission.

 

Thanks for visiting

 

Dividend Pursuit

 

Disclaimer: Long on all stocks listed

Disclaimer: I’m not a licensed investment advisor and not an investment professional. This site is only meant for educational or entertainment purposes only. I’m not liable for any losses suffered as a result. Please consult with an investment or tax professional before investing any of your money.


2 comments:

  1. That's a nice long list of companies paying you for the month. Nice to see we share quite a few names for October. So true about 2020 and even before... you cannot depend on one source of income. Paychecks like dividends like rental income, etc. etc. is not guaranteed. Have multiple sources.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DivHut,

    Thanks for visiting, I am glad we share few same names. I agree definitely having multiple sources of income is the best strategy.

    Cheers,

    Dividend Pursuit

    ReplyDelete

January 2024 Dividend Updates

 January 2024 Dividend updates It has been almost one (1) year since I last posted an update on my dividendos.  Well the dividends keeps on ...