verify

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Recent Raises updates July 2016

Raises updates

Everyone on the planet loves to receive a raise here and there just to maybe keep up with inflation. The cost of living has been on a rise in the last 15 years at an increditable pace. As a government employee we received maybe two or three raises that I can remember in the last eight to nine years. I am not the one to complain, however one just need to keep up with the inflation to just make it end meet or support a family.

This is one reason I love the aspect of investing in dividend growth stocks. They at least try to keep up with inflation and the power of compounding takes over like a snow ball coming down a mountain. I like that aspect specially after return home from a mini vacation in the mountains of Vermont (Jay Peak area), and visiting the old site of Old Man On the Mountain.

But without any hesitation here are some recent raises that I just realized plugging in new purchases in the last few weeks, since I been mostly vacationing for the summer here and there. For the month of July and August, I will be working a total of maybe 27 days instead of the average 45 days, will definetelly take that a small sample of early retirement life indeed.

  Raises
MDT  from .37 to .43 a whopping 13.16%  raise with current price the yield is just below 2% which is fine because it's been on a tear recently, but I do hope for a pull back since I need to add more shares here in September I hope.

PAYX from .42 to .46 another monster raise of 9.5% the stocks now yields around 3.02% the amazing think I still have opportunity to add shares here, as I believe the stocks worth around $72. Ex-div is July 28 and payable August 28

OHI from .58 to .60 a modest 3.4% increase which keeps inflation at bay however the forward yield is currently over 7.3%. 
Also goes Ex-div July 28 and payable August 15 a good chance I will add shares at current yield price.

CMI from .975 to 1.025 a modest 5.1% increase I will take it. Currently yields 3.45% above inflation that is how we like it to be. CMI goes Ex-Div August 18, and payable September 1 which will definetelly put me above $100 without buy any additional shares on companies who pays us in September, very nice indeed.

It's great when you just woke up and your money just works harder than you to return value and increase in return in the form of dividend increases. Nothing like passive income to make you smile.

These increase have added $4.08 to my yearly dividend which now total $797.02 in forward yearly dividend.

How about you have you received increase lately?

Who has given you increases?

Thanks for reading.

Disclaimer: Long on all stocks listed

Disclaimer: I’m not a licensed investment advisor and not an investment professional. This site is only meant for educational or entertainment purposes only. I’m not liable for any losses suffered as a result. Please consult with an investment or tax professional before investing any of your money

No comments:

Post a Comment

January 2024 Dividend Updates

 January 2024 Dividend updates It has been almost one (1) year since I last posted an update on my dividendos.  Well the dividends keeps on ...